Thursday, February 2, 2012

Medicine Wheel Circle

I attended my first Medicine Wheel Circle last night. I'm sitting with a woman who sat with a Hopi Indian elder to learn how to create and use the Medicine Wheel. Very simply put, Medicine wheels, or sacred hoops, were constructed by laying stones in a particular pattern on the ground. Most medicine wheels follow the basic pattern of having a center of stone(s), and surrounding that is an outer ring of stones with "spokes", or lines of rocks radiating from the center. During this circle, I will learn how to create my own Medicine Wheel and use it for meditation. I think it will be interesting and just another tool for spiritual growth and discovery.

Jamie's spirit was there with me, I know. Part of my reason for attending the circle is because I knew that it would give me connection with her. Native American spirituality was her path and I know she would be happy that I'm learning more about at least one part of it. I, of course, also want to learn just because I believe you can never have too many tools or too many paths to your higher self and Higher Power. But, I was looking for connection with her, as well. My psychic friend is also attending, and she confirmed that Jamie was there and that she will help me begin to learn about this.

My world is so different, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment